Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thrifty Thursday

It is Thursday, so our goal is to have one 'thrifty' idea that you might want to try on your own.  This is a project that I have been wanting to do for awhile, and just haven't made the time to do it until last night.  I found this great large frame at a local thrift store for $3, that had no backing or glass.  I knew that I not only wanted to antique it, but I wanted it to display things differently than your standard frame.
So, I decided to use some things I had in my craft box to create what I wanted.  

Supplies Needed:
Frame
Hemp or String
Staple Gun
Clothespins

It was really simple to start.  I measured about 4 1/2" for the spacing between the hemp lines on the back of the frame.  Then I cut the hemp long enough so I could tie a knot at either end, and have it stretch across the whole back of the frame.  Finally, I used the staple gun to attach the hemp to the back of the frame.  Here was my final product that I made for under $4:
"Clothespin Frame"

No comments:

Post a Comment