Friday, August 19, 2011

Lighting Repurpose

Lighting in a room is something that can drastically change not only the look of a room, but also the atmosphere.  Thankfully there are a lot of options out there to try.  Sometimes though, lots of options also means the question of, "Where do I start?" comes out.  Another issue is price.  While shopping for a new light I was surprised with how much a shade can cost.  Finally, it occurred to me that I didn't have to love the color, all I needed to worry about was the shape of the shade, and from there I could create!

Lately I have had this love of burlap...bet you couldn't tell that from any of the last posts.  Anyway, I knew I wanted to re-create a desk lamp, and make it look less 'store-bought,' and more unique.  I started off with a white base, and a white lamp shade.

Supplies Needed:
Lamp and Shade to Repurpose
Paint
Burlap
Hot Glue Gun
Final Product: Burlap Lamp with antiqued base.
It was a simple project, that I loved the end result.  It was simple enough to make, and since I wanted it to look layered, I didn't have to worry about being to precise.  Feel inspired...remember sometimes the quickest fix is using what you already have and just making it better. 
Here are some other ideas of burlap re-purposed lamp shades:

No comments:

Post a Comment