Saturday, October 1, 2011

Barn Wood Signs

Having signs around your home is something that many designers and homeowners are gravitating towards.  They come in many different sizes, and shapes, and offer a variety of sayings.

Purchasing a sign at a store can cost anywhere from $10 to $30 depending on the size and the length of the saying.  Often times, those signs look manufactured; probably because they are.  I knew that I wanted something different, and somewhat personal.

Supplies Needed:
Wood fence slat
Hand-held saw
Letter stencils
Paint

 I knew that I wanted to create more of a vintage-style sign, so I got a old wooden fence slat, and cut it down to the size that I wanted.

Next, I used large letter stencils to paint on the word that I selected.

FINAL PRODUCT: One standing vertical, and the other one is able to hang on the wall:

1 comment:

  1. The saw listed in materials was simply for the cutting of the wood to size?

    ReplyDelete