Monday, October 3, 2011

book vases

I was flipping through the channels on TV and saw these on the Nate Berkus show. I searched around online and found a really good blog (Sweet Paul) with a step by step tutorial. They are so simple and easy, and they don't cost much at all! I hope you love these as much as I do!


1.Create a template on some thin cardboard.
Draw the profile of half a vase.
Don't make them to complicated, at least not at first.
 
2.Cut it out with sharp craft scissors.
 
3.Insert the template in an old book opened on the first page.
With a sharp craft knife cut along the template.
Keep on going until you are through all the pages of the book.
 
4.Cut of the book's covers and remove the template.
Open the book and fold it backward, before gluing the pages together with a hot glue gun.
 
Photos by Ellen Silverman
 
There are so many options for this project. I am looking forward to working on it! Have fun!

2 comments: